Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I just finished my first official college paper. Yes, it's due tomorrow. Yes, I'm a procrastinator. I think I've always been this way. I'm liking college more and more as the days go by. I went home last weekend, and it definitely wasn't what I thought it would be like. First of all, I had to take a bus to Boston. That should've been a 2 hour trip, tops, but it took 4 hours. I had to change busses in Springfield, and then wait for 15 minutes at the Worcester terminal. It was a mess. When I finally got to Boston, I had to wait to be picked up at the bus station. It got weirder when I got into my home town. I felt like a kid who faked sick. The town seemed empty, like I was supposed to be somewhere else, and everyone knew it. When I was little and I stayed home sick, my mother used to always take me out to lunch to cheer me up, unless I was deliriously ill or something. Whenever we saw people we knew I would get embarassed because they knew I should've been in school. I ended up going to a concert with some old friends, one who commutes, one who goes to community college, one who works, and another who goes to Tulane, but was relocated and now commutes to BU. It was weird, but I wanted to be back at UMass while I was there. It was a good concert, though. So I guess going home has cured most of my homsickness. Who'd have thought?

No comments: