Saturday, January 17, 2009








Something very startling occurred in my life this past week.  I found myself not only watching, but ENJOYING an episode of The Real World.  In particular this scene with Chet and Ryan:


This is the only time I've ever been able to relate to anyone on this show, let alone kinda-sorta want to be their friend.  Why did I not audition when they came around UMass?  Other notable highlights included Chet and Ryan debating the gender status of their transroomie (Davey Havok??? is that you????) , a conversation that concluded with Chet (the Mormon one) saying all he knew was that she had boobs and he "almost got to see them".  Classic.  I liked the old fashion pranking going on, until sourpuss J.D. flips his shit because someone put his windsock sized condom on a banana and fed it to the fish.  Chet and Ryan's blank reaction to Sarah and Katelynn's porpoise conversation was amusing as well.  Pretty much if Ryan and Chet had a show, I would watch it and be less embarrassed then to admit I habitually watch the drunk-lust-drama-face show featuring (ordinarily) the most vapid people on the face of the earth.  

What I would really like to know is where the eff are the other roommates???  I mean we saw Baya doin' her white girl dance.  We saw Sarah apparently discover that she left her sense of humor at the airport.  But what happened to Scott and Devyn?  They hardly got any face time.  One of them better turn out to be a closeted gay robot with a huge dick if they want to compete for air time in the Brooklyn house.  






All in all it looks like this season is going to be the religious right/military folk vs. the liberal and sexually alternative left.  

 Man I wish I was there.







No comments: